Pages

Monday, February 5, 2018

In The Garden

Welcome to In The Garden 
Hopefully with a little luck I'll have a lot of to share with you!
Image result for blog post dividers
This week I am starting a lot of seeds in the green house.  
I have already planted Pansy's and they have sprouted so hopefully I will have a mass planting in a few weeks.  
Image result for blog post dividers
My biggest project is finishing hand tilling the area for the onions. 
I have already bought onions sets and potatoes they are happily waiting to get into the dirt!

Did you 'catch' I said hand tilling.  Yes that is what I said.  It is 
a chore!  I have a beautiful area already section off with landscape timbers.  But it is  was covered in 4" of pea gravel. 

 I have a fairly large area completely gravel free for the tomato's.

This is the method I am using for the potatoes.  
grow potatoes in a laundry basket

There is a great step by step how to over at Preparedness MaMa.      Click here

Since I don't have a huge area to grow all that I want I think this method will be perfect for me.  I plan to do 3 baskets.  I have no idea what the yield will be!  I may have enough for an army!  

But then I said that last summer when I set out my pumpkin seeds.  I got 1 decent looking plant that bloomed a few times and then just decided it was done!  

The same thing with my yellow squash and zucchini.  

On my To Do list is to fix that problem.  Some of the neighbors blamed Squash bugs but I never saw a bug.  

I am using this method for a my lettuces, broccoli and cauliflower.
Wooden Pallet Vegetable Gardening | 25+ neat garden projects with wood pallets

I planted my seeds last week.  I did mine different stacking 
3 pallets.  It was so great for my old body.  I would love 
'real' raised beds but for now this working!  
Image result for blog post dividers
I have a busy week planned! 
 Do you have any gardening plans?

No comments: