Pages

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Book Review-Take The Bai Road Book 2

About the book (provided by TLC Tours)
After the events of Bai Tide, CIA case officer Bai Hsu is safely tucked away at Headquarters in Langley, Virginia. Bored and frustrated, he’s starting to doubt he’ll ever return to the field until he’s given a difficult new assignment: Track and investigate the mysterious Ghost Cartel, who may or may not already have hooks in our government.

With secrecy of the utmost importance, Bai accepts the mission even though he knows he’ll be out in the cold. With no official cover, no backup, and no resources, Bai has no choice but to infiltrate a shadowy organization few know anything about. 

Tangled in a conspiracy that will pit him against warring cartels in Mexico, this is Bai’s most impossible mission to date. It will test him, make him question himself and the organization he works for, and ultimately rip away everything that’s ever mattered to him.

And I thought
Take the Bai Road is book two in the series featuring Bai Hsu.
In Bai Tide the first installment I wasn't sure what to expect of the plot or of the leading man Bai. 
I was looking for a cross between a spy/ suspense and thriller fast paced and clean. 
That is what I got. 

What I was hoping for and expecting in Bai well I guess I wasn't sure. I think I was expecting a sort of  James Bond type character only oriental.  
What I got was bit of a stumble bum character. 
See my review here.  

Does Bai redeem himself in Take The Road?  He gets the job done.  In Take the Road he is  clever but still talks to himself which adds a little humor to the thriller aspect of chasing the drug cartel and running for your life.  

Did I like Take The Bai Road surprisingly to myself I did. 

Just reading the cover and description as with Bai Tide it's not 
what I expected.  

I truly didn't expect to like it as much as I did. 

Bai Hsu just seems to grow on you.  

My husband read Bai Tide.  He didn't care for it.  For that reason I don't think it's a guy book.  

With that said readers who enjoy Thrillers an Spy novels will enjoy Take The Bai Road.  

To read additional reviews visit the TLC tour.  Click here

Available 
Amazon



No comments: