Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

What I Had For Dinner

Did you have a wonderful Memorial Day?  Any leftovers? 
Like grilled corn . . . 

Thankfully ours was just grilled with butter and a few herbs. Nothing extra so it was easy to turn into something else tonight. 

And oh my!  But before we go there let me tell you what I cooked the other night.  Because what I cooked the other night was what caused me to cook what I cooked tonight.  HeHe . . . 
Estimated prep time: 20 minutes Bake time: 40 minutes Ingredients  3 cups cooked, shredded chicken 2 cups shredded Cacique Queso Quesadilla Jalapeno 1 cup shredded Cacique Mozzarella 15 oz container Cacique Crema Mexicana 10 oz can fire roasted green chilies 1 cup salsa verde 1 teaspoon cumin 1 teaspoon chili powder salt and pepper to taste 12-16 no-boil lasagna noodles.:
                                                              Source
Oh my goodness.  Saw this on Pinterest one afternoon and had to try it.  Ran straight to the store for no-boil lasagna noodles and
 Image result for cacique queso fresco and a couple other cheeses too.  And this Mexican lasagna was soooo good! 

I had some leftover. Used in an omelet on Sunday and yummy it was.  
I was searched for corn recipes mainly corn fritters I found this . . . 
Mexican Street Corn Croquettes + recipe #summerrecipe #corn #mexican:
                                                                   Source
It was perfect to use up that corn and cheese!
These were so good.  They did take awhile to make because you have to freeze the batter.  But I actually didn't freeze as long as suggested and they were still so yummy. 

I served with a big 'ole hamburger cooked in my grill pan and coleslaw.  

This was a yummy meal.  I felt good that I managed to finish off the corn and the cheese.  That's a win/win for me.  

Did you have any left over corn from the holiday?

Did you see the giveaway I announced yesterday?  That post is here.  The giveaway starts on Wednesday.  Come over and enter and visit my Book Review Blog 'MyReadingJourneys'

6 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Your dindin looks fabulous! Ours was pretty yummy too!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the grilled corn and Mexican lasagna looks delicious. Have a happy day and week ahead!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

That looks so good!! Yes, we had a lovely Memorial Day Holiday! The kids came over, ate like pigs which always makes me happy!! LOL!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Hugs,
Deb

Madeline's Album said...

Every looks delicious. I spent Memorial Day by myself. Had baby back spare ribs, baked beans and slaw for lunch. Then I watch war movies on the t.v. Have a blessed day. Madeline

shortybear said...

yummy

Michelle said...

It all looks very good!