Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Santa Mantle Part 1

Welcome!  I hope your having a great week.  Today I wanted to 
share my collection of Santa's.  
They adorn the mantle.  Come over and sit by the fire . . . 
                 Santa mantle:
I display most of my collection together.  They are about to overflow the mantle!    
          Some are recent purchases.  Some are years old.  
                         I love everyone of them!

                         Wanna see them up close?

First I'll share one of the newest.  I think he pulls the entire mantle all together! 
                   T:
I call him 'Tall Santa'  I came home from work one day and he was sitting on our kitchen counter.  My Cowboy is a great thrift shopper.  Since he works evenings he can 'hit' the shops mid morning and find treasures.    
                         T:
I call this my 'Fancy Santa'.  He was one of the first ones and he wasn't bought at a thrift shop nor was he a bargain.   His coat is wool and the trim is Rabbit.  He is signed and numbered by the artist.  I'm very careful with them all but extra careful with "Fancy"
                                               Santa carved by my father:
I haven't named this guy.  But if I did he would be named "Priceless"!  He was carved by my father before he passed away.  Carving was a hobby he picked up just before he passed.  My parents did craft fairs and he sat and carved while my mother peddled their crafts.
                                        Thrift shop treasure!:
Another thrift store find.  We've stumbled on to a few of these porcelain type figures recently. 

                      Santa with a list.  This one I've had for years.  One of my first!:
Of course this is "List Santa"  he is another older one.  He is made out of paper mache and fabric that has been treated with a mod podge kind of substance.   
                                                 One of my favorites I love Rabbits.  Another thrift store treasure! And he was a bargain!:
He made me giggle when I walked in on my birthday last year.  
The Cowboy just happened to find him on my bday!  I love rabbits. I miss my rabbit so much!   I just love this guy.  The Cowboy paid 
$18.00 at thrift store.  We usually don't pay that much but he was worth it since he was a one of a kind!
                                           
                              S is for Santa:
And of Course "S" is for Santa!  I love my bargain "S" from Kirklands last year!  

And one more special part of my collection.  Something new I got this year . . . 
                                               Hand painted by my DIL:
My DIL (in Missouri)  enjoys my mantle as much as I do.  She sends me treasures each time I change my mantle them.   Love the sign it's perfect for the collection.  

I hope you've enjoy part 1 of my Santa collection.  Tomorrow I'll share a few more parts of the mantle and the Santa tree.  

                          Come by and sit by the fire!
                             The cocoa bar is set up!





3 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

We love, love, love your Santa collection☺

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

OMG!!!
I LOVE ALL of your Santa collection but you knew that i would my friend, didn't you???
So many lovely pieces. I adore the one with the Santa peering over the chair with the children sitting on it!! Precious!! And your pictures of Santa and the wall are stunning!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Deb

Michelle said...

I love your collection of Santa's.
How special it is to have one your dad made.
I still have a rubber walrus my dad bought me when I was in 6th grade.
He passed away January 2010. xoxo