Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Wednesday Wit and Wisdom

                     
                    T
Wednesday Wit and Wisdom. . . post a picture and write or tell a story about it . . . 
The above painting was a surprise present for me.  I received this gift from my DIL.  She sent along with a boat that she made and a few other items to decorate my mantle.
                              

I've been planning a beach theme vignette to display the photo's from their summer trip to Florida.
I received the snap shots from the trip earlier this summer.  I liked them so much I asked her to send larger prints for the mantle.
                               
 Then I told her about the boat I saw on pinterest I wanted to make for the display.
She loved the idea and then her creative juices began flowing and she came up with a few more things for the display.  And just in time to enter in the county fair.
                             
 They my DIL 13 year old grandson and 6 1/2 year old  granddaughter entered a total of 67 items.  The won a total of 60 ribbons and prize money.
                       
One of the things my DIL made with help from my grand daughter was a darling bunting to hang across
my mantle.
                        snail border

My grandson entered some photos he had taken.  Some on the Florida trip which he sent along with his ribbons for my display.
                                
Some of their ideas came from the current mantle display I have now.  You can go here to see it.
There are photo's of my son when he was 13 riding in a rodeo. He placed second.  I have the ribbon displayed with the photo and his worn and scuffed boots.   You  can see the Cowboy Mantle here.
                           
This weekend on my day off I'll be redoing the mantle with my new beach scene displaying
all the treasures and beautiful photo's from their trip.  

I hope you'll come back and visit.  Please visit my Fabulous Fall linky party.  Any Fall themed post is welcome.  Click Here and link up.

And please visit Linda Kay at Wit and Wisdom for stories about photos.
Linking with Wow Us Wednesday


6 comments:

Michelle said...

Sherry,

I believe you're going to have a nice looking mantle. xoxo

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Sherry, such great creating here and lovely ideas. Congrats to your grands on their winds. Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment. Have a blessed day.
Hugs, cm

Down On The Farm said...

I love it!!!

Down On The Farm said...

I love it!!!!!

A Colorful World said...

Such a nice gift...well, giftS! That was so sweet of your DIL, and I bet the mantle looks great.

Michelle said...

Congrats on receiving your review book!! xoxo