Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

It's Time

                                                                                                   
Do you ever look around your house and say to yourself . . .
                                      'It is so time past time to change ____'
                    For me its my counter tablescape.  Don't you agree?

T
Seriously I know the 4th has come and gone.  And it is sooo time to make a change.

So, I went over to my go to friends at Pinterest for some inspiration . . .
Rustic & Elegant Summer Tablescape

                                                                     Source
Oh I heart the galvanized tin buckets.  I have to go back over and visit Laura at Finding Home!
Couldn't pull this off in a million years.  But I am seriously gonna look for those buckets.

Back to Pinterest!
they call it a Lilly Luncheon but it gives me the idea to throw some kind of palm springs party lol
                                 Source
Very cute and summery bright.  But I have no Flamingos. hehe.  This does remind me in a wierd sort of way
of this fabric . . .
T
Yes it is a bolt.  I had to go to the utter most parts of the sewing closet to dig it out.  And yes it is laying on a lovely little yellow just waiting to be pressed.  This palm tree looking fabric sorta says beach.  I bought it in
the '90s and no I am not a hoarder.  I am a fabric artist. HeHe.

Yes I know what your thinking.  It's time to use it.  Ok. Ok. I agree.  Off  for more inspiration.
Picnic Ants Embroidered Cloth Napkins /set by WhiteTulipEmbroidery
                                                                Source
Are these not adorable?  And available on ETSY.  I couldn't believe they are embroidery.  I think I know someone down the road aways in West Texas that needs these!  They look like B.J. to me.
But  not the look I am going for today!
36 Breezy Beach Inspired DIY Home Decorating Ideas | This would look great on a #summermantel! | #diyhomedecor
                                                              Source.
Kinda like this but would you believe I don't have any shells?  I need to make a dollar store run.

I am getting somewhere though.  I'm thinking candles and sand.  And I have these cute fish plates.
                                           Now where are those fishys?

Oh I think I found it.  I really have to find those fish plates now.  I sure hope they aren't in storage!
Remodelaholic » Blog Archive Beautiful Natural Tablescape by 33 Shades of Green » Remodelaholic

                                              Source
Love the burlap too.   Luckily I don't have any huge acorns.  But what I like love here are the succulents.
And the silver flower pots.  Hmm.  I have a Target gift card.  I think I like this better than those galvanised
buckets in the first pic.

Hmm.  Not sure maybe a little more inspiration . . .
Recycled wood plank makes a perfect table runner for this summer tablescape.
                                                     Source
Love the wood plank.  That's cool.  But I'm thinking for another time.  Would love to copy this table!
Recycled Golf Ball Ants Craft Project to cute! - These would be ADORABLE as PART of a TABLESCAPE for a PICNIC PARTY, BBQ, or other OUTDOOR SUMMER GATHERING!  :)
                         Source
Oh so cute to go with the ant napkins!   B.J. check it out!
Nautical Inspiration with a Beach Picnic. Photography: Ruth Eileen - rutheileenphotography.com
                                          Source
I need a beach. Don't you?
                         5 Coastal-Inspired Tablescapes We Love | www.theglitterguide.com
                                           Source
    Did I say I need a beach?  Actually I think I need this bench to go with my table. Very cool!

I think I have a plan.  Remember those fishy plates?  No where to be found.  But I do have a plan!

Stay tuned for the Big reveal.
                                                          Happy Trails
                                         Full moon enjoyed by a horse on the beach

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! So many creative ideas out there. Those beach backdrops are amazing.

bj said...

ahhhh haaaa...love those ant napkins. :)
Can't wait to see your PLAN. :)
XOXO

Denise said...

looking forward to seeing the changes.