Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

Blue Laundry Room Makeover



Small space living requires some juggling . . .
Well if I looked this cute I'd leave things as they are.
But alas.  This isn't me and clutter and having my things stored away annoys me. 

So I've had to figure out solutions.  It all started when I needed to put away the Red, White and Blue from Labor Day. 

I found a home for the red candles and candlesticks, the white
candles and the pedestal (which I love BTW...never will it be stored away!)  But those Blue candlesticks and the fun glitter didn't have a home. 

I debated about putting them in the cabinet with the dishes but.
Another idea came to mind. 

I walked into my laundry room and here's part of what I found.



Can you say 'Ick'.  I am embarrassed to show you this.   I am not a fan of advertising for the products I buy.  Call me weird but.  I just don't like brands and labels staring me in the face.  I want to see something pretty.  So hence the use of the 6 pack holder for spray air freshner.  Which didn't make it back into the holder before this pic!  It also holds my kitchen trash bags, swifter sheets, and doggie bags.  (It doesn't look like this now but you'll have to wait for the how to post!)

I'd been kicking the idea around for awhile to do something with the 6 pack holder which I did but I am sharing on another post.  Sorry.  I didn't get the pics taken. 

But I know your really wanting to see what I did with those gorgeous Blue Candle Sticks . . .
Here was my first attempt.  O.K. but still not pretty. 

Then, I remembered some Patriotic Laterns that I used at school.  I brought them home and hung in the sewing room (they were cheap,cheap,cheap, and I knew wouldn't last if I flattened them.) and it all came together.
The basket on right was a dumpster find that was filled with candles. (I will post about that find on a Thrifty linky party soon) It is holding light bulbs and extension cords.  Behind the blue candlesticks is my party tea server.  To the left are the candles that Cowboy and I made for the Valentines Dinner for our daughter and grandson.  I'd love you to visit that post!  Click Here. Just behind standing against the wall are my favorite red enamel trays.  I just love them.  Of course you can see the glitter and my red stones.
And my detergent that matches the color scheme.  (I'll have to save it to pour the next one in. I wasn't too found of this brand)
My empty Blue launder basket.  Yea to the empty part.  Sitting on my Thrifty bought Maytag washer.  We paid $100.00 delivered for it!  The dryer was only $30.00 but I had to pick it up.  I was a little afraid but the Cowboy said it was a nice couple selling it.  And it was they were very nice!  God was with me!

I am very proud of the shelf and candle storage I think it makes the room look so much nicer but I think this is my favorite part.

Can you guess what is behind the curtain?  Here's a peek . . .
I thought this was genius.  I just used a shower curtain rod.  And a piece of fabric I had.  I to find something blue.  But this works for now.

Here's a better shot . . .

And, the litter and scoop are blue!
I played around a little with the pics on Picmonkey.  My favorite place to make collages and mosaics . . .

Laundry Room Makeover
And now I am not embarrassed that the laundry room is right off the kitchen and the door is usually always open. 

I removed the background template.  It seemed my blog was taking a long time to load.  Can you tell a difference?  Please comment.

Linking with Click Here for the party or on the buttons on the sidebar to visit.
The Art of Homemaking, Blue Monday, Mosaic MondayMom's The Word, Making Monday,
 Much Ado Monday, Tuesdays at Home, Inspire Me Tuesday, Titus Tuesday,
 Totally Talented Tuesday, Treasure Hunt Thursday, Ivy & Elephants, Little Things Thursday, Thursday Thrifty, Home & Garden, Grace at Home, Blue Friday

8 comments:

Linda Kay said...

We have our doggies in our laundry room as well, and I can pull the door shut to keep them quiet if we have guests. Good job on the organizing.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Brilliant blue basket!

Train for All Seasons w/ Blue Sky

SmilingSally said...

Hi Sherry,

Blue makes any laundry room crisp and clean. Good choice!

I don't see the Blue Monday link. Please add it so that others can find us.

Thanks for playing today.

Happy Blue Monday!

Annesphamily said...

Great project! I love your red, white and blue candles! The blues look lovely in the laundry area and the pet hideaway is clever! Enjoy your week and stop by for a visit soon! Hugs, Anne

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

A well organized laundry room with some colour co-ordination.
Thank you for linking to Mosaic Monday.

Beth said...

Good idea on the shower curtain! Your laundry room is looking nice!

Hannah said...

I have to use my laundry room for storage too, and for cat shelter when my grand-kitty comes to visit. The shower curtain is a great idea.

JES said...

Yay! Now you have a happy place to do your laundry in and the best part is that is was budget friendly! Thank you for sharing at the Art of Home-Making Mondays! The new link up is up and running so please join in ;)