Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

Christmas in July--Planning for the Holidays Part 1

So when do you start thinking about the holidays? 
I actually do start thinking about it before February as I am taking down the decorations and planning for Valentines.  Which btw is my other favorite holiday. 

I'm a thinker and a planner.  I am always trying to do better.

So as a thinker...I got to thinking.  And I was wondering if just
maybe Christmas is lurking around in the back of your head.

And so as the planner...I thought I would share a few of my tips for making your holiday special. 

#1...try not to wait to the last minute!  This is a biggy! 
Who wants to be doing this . . .
 

Cute movie btw...

#2...Decide early where you will holiday.  If you need to start talking about in July.  Nothings worse than waiting until December
to have an argument about where to spend the holidays.  Or to end up disappointed because you thought everyone was coming to your house.

#3...Maybe by talking about it early you can also talk about who you will see at Christmas.  Do you have to scurry around to different houses?
Have you ever thought about how the kids feel?  The anticipation and excitement of getting up and see what is under the tree and then being whisked away a short time later to go and eat a meal they really probably won't enjoy?

#4...Once a decision is made.  Roll up your sleeves and start planning.  If your hosting.  Decide what kind of event.  Work on your guest list.  A sit down dinner might change once you figure out you have 20 on your guest list.  Maybe instead of dinner/lunch Christmas day try suggesting an evening meal of Soup or Stew.



#6.  So now that your sleeves are rolled up.  And your thinking planning sit down, put your feet up and visit a few blogs and Pinterest for ideas!

Need some ideas or want to share?  Go here and join my
Count Down to Christmas linky!


         So are you thinking about the holidays?
Linking with Seasoned Homemaker for Lovely Ladies Linky.  Click Here.
Linking with Jes for The Art Of Homemaking. Click Here.
Linking with Inspire Me Monday.  Click Here.
Linking with Happiness is Homemade. Click Here.
Linking with Yesterfood for Treasure Box Tueday.  Click Here.
Linking with Table For Seven for Share Your Stuff  Tueday.  Click Here.
Linking with Kathy for Titus Tuesday.  Click Here.
Linking with Count Down To Christmas.  Click Here.

2 comments:

Melissa French - The More With Less Mom said...

We make most of our gifts so we have to plan and start work early. Thanks for sharing! Hello from Treasure Box Tuesday.

Joy said...

These are great!! I love Christmas, so I do think about it often, but that doesn't seem to make me any more organized.....so I appreciate your tips! Thanks for sharing them at Treasure Box Tuesday- pinned! :)