Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

5 Minute Friday -- Here

Joining JoBeth today for . . .
I got JoBeths email alert today about today's assignment.  In case you have not visited for 5 Minute Friday here is how it works.  JoBeth gives us a topic and we write for exactly (at least we try) 5 minutes about the topic.  No over thinking.  No analyzing how it sounds.  Nothing but spell check. 

When I read today's topic  this morning at 6:30 before I left for work I knew exactly what I would write.  I have been waiting all day to get home to write my post. 

Today's topic Here

Start . . . .     Here I am to worship.


  
Here I am to bow down. 

Here I am to say that your my God.

Your altogether lovely; all together worthy all together wonderful to me.  Do you recognize these words?  I have no idea who sings the song but these words just jumped into my mind.  And as I pondered them I wish I could say that I worship.  I bow down.  And I honor God.  I try.  But so many days I feel like I fall short.  I want to worship.  I want to bow down.  I want to say Here I am use me.  I pray that my feeble attempts do please God. 
I pray that he sees my heart my desire to please Him.  I pray that tomorrow I do a better job.  That I am able to say Here I am.  That I remember that I am Here to worshipI am Here serve. 
I am Here . . .  stop

Click Here to join 5 Minute Friday.  And here is the Bible verse I am learning this week. 

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said "I am the light of the world.  Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life."  John 8:16

On a Journey to Worship . . .



3 comments:

Denise said...

I love that song.

Melissa Ens said...

That is why we're here, isn't it! And what a wonderful thing to know He does know our hearts and has a never-ending supply of grace for us even when we don't worship Him like we want to. I think that wanting to worship and knowing how often we fall short is right where we have to start and right where He will meet us and teach us how to worship Him with all of our hearts... Blessings to you as you seek Him!

BARBIE said...

Stopped over from the 5 Minute Friday. This is one of my favorite worship songs. It is sung and written by Tim Hughes.