Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

There are those days . . .

Are there days that as a wife and mother you fill like this?

At the end of the day.  Or the middle of the day.  Or maybe the minute your feet hit the floor in the morning.

I think we have all been there some time or another.  I hear some Amens!

Today I was thinking about failures.  Mine.  In this season of my life I can look back at those years when my kids were growing up.  I had the perfect kids.  The perfect house.  The mostly perfect Cowboy (husband)  Actually he was perfect back then but; I wished he was around more.  But he was working hard so who am I to complain?

But I did.  Mostly quietly to myself and God.  Because I really enjoyed sending my children to private school.  I really enjoyed a beautiful house.  I enjoyed playing all day while everyone else was gone to work and school.  I enjoyed eating out alot!   

Yes I was proud of my kids.  I was proud of our lifestyle.   I took all of it for granted  I think.  As I look back I realize that I did have a lot of pride.   And I look back and realize that there were many mistakes this mama made.  I can't change them.  I can ponder them and ask God to remind me of the major ones so I can receive his grace and maybe the grace and forgiveness of my children and my Cowboy. 

And hopefully as I am reminded about my mistakes.  I realize some of the things I should have done differently I pray that I can help someone else from looking back and having feelings of failure. 

I am in a new season.  The season of being a grandmother.  Maybe yours is the season of finally getting stay at home with your children but there is a little bit of regret.  Maybe your season is filled with toddlers, or school age children.  Maybe your blessed to be a home school mom.  Maybe your in the 'grandma' season with me. 

One of my favorite scriptures reminds me that it is only a season.  And too fast there will be another season.

There is a season for everything, a season for every activity under heaven
Ecclessiastes 3:1

As I look forward I realize that I need to have faith and trust in God.  I need to ask Him for forgiveness for my mistakes and I need to ask Him for help. I need to meditate and ponder His word.  Because in Him there is no failure.

If you falter in times of trouble, how small is your strength!
Psalms 24:10

I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength!
Philippians 4:13

This mama and grandmother and wife needs His strength.  And, his grace and mercy.  And His arms to comfort.  And His hands to hold the tears.  

And with His help it will be a Journey of Joy

Today and many days as I sit and write my post I have another window open and have my dear friend Denise's blog up so I can listen to her playlist.  If you need encouragement go over to Denise's.  She is fighting some major health issues right now.  But she is one amazing 'Believer' .  Even in through her struggles and lately as she has reported her status she Blesses the reader with her strength and faith.
And she has an amazing playlist that lifts you up as you listen!  Click here to visit Denise.

Joyfully on the Journey,


Did you see my ? of the week at the top of my blog?  How do you keep track of photo's you find so you can give credit?

Photo Credit: I found the beautiful photo at Mrs. Junes blog A Wise Woman Builds Her Home.
Click here to visit.

5 comments:

Farming On Faith said...

What a wonderful post!
So good to catch up with you.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh I know exactly what you mean! I used to think I wanted to live a life without regrets. But the older I get the more I realize, that is impossible. I am flesh with a sinful nature. I'll never get it right. That's why I need Jesus. I need his grace and mercy. And I need his strength to make it through each day...which is a lesson He is really trying to teach me right now. Thank you for being His reminder. Blessings to you my friend!

Janis Van Keuren said...

There's always need to ask the Lord to forgive us along the journey and sometimes for something in the past that we may have overlooked. The good news for me is that if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness 1John 1:9.
He has it all taken care of! In that we can rest assured and have peace.

Blessings,
Janis

Denise said...

Thank you for such kind words my heart to heart sister. I love you, and constantly pray for you.

Dena E's Blog said...

BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL !!!! WOW, love your little nook here.. I'll go on over now to the ministry blog... THANKS for your note a while back to my WORSHIP post.. I rarely get notes from anyone so i do not check often... Sorry... And where do I reply to the top ? at????
Hugsssss new Sister in CHRIST~~~Dena