Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday on Tuesday

The weather in my neck of the woods: (written on Sunday. . . posted on Tues.)
Rain, Snow. It usually doesn’t stick here. But tonight they say another wave coming through with ice. Our weathermen don’t always get it right. Here’s hoping this is one time. We will be stuck in if it does.
Tuesday update...nothing really happened it is just too cold for these Texans!

Things that make me happy: Getting my haircut and when it is a good hair cut!

Book I'm reading: A Heartbeat Away by Michael Palmer (fiction for review) and Made to Crave by: Lysa Terkeurst (for review)

What's on my TV today:  Sorry Sandra but I have to change this one. New song D-Earl you can hear this one over at my ministry blog.  Click here.  (I think it is the 2nd post down)

On the menu for dinner:
Chili stew from leftover homemade chili, jalepeno poppers (homemade), guacamole

On my To Do List:
Laundry. I have nothing to wear. Giving both bathrooms a good scrubbing. Vacuuming

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Need your ideas for comfort food. Ya’ll post some and come and let me know! I can’t find my Potato Soup recipe!

In the craft basket:
Always a quilt. Maybe I’ll get to something this week. Brought my machine home from my daughters.

Looking forward to this week:
Actually sitting in front of the sewing machine. And, actually sewing something!

Tips and Tricks:
Photo's for meme's and carnivals.  I put all the photo's in one folder.  That makes it easy to open and grab the right one for the post.  I also added my signature to the folder.  Makes posting super easy and faster!

My favorite blog post this week:  Becky wrote this post "Fill Me Up".  I needed this! Thanks Becky.
.

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
http://practicalsimplicity.com/Home.html

“Our goal is to write about all things Biblical and practical. It’s that simple.”

Our desire is to bring glory to God practically and simply in our daily walk with Him. You are invited to join us as we share about our relationships as a family, what we are learning on our journey of biblical living, healthy eating, practical housekeeping, frugal living, generous giving, hospitality and home education.

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):


Lesson learned the past few days:
That God has something amazing in store for me and that I have to be patient.

On my mind:
The above.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses: May the favor of the Lord rest upon us, establish the work of our hands. Yes, Lord establishes the work of our hands. Psalms 90:17

I have been thinking for awhile about bringing Happy Homemaker Monday back over here.  I hope you enjoyed getting a little look into my plans for the week and what is going on in my head, and what I have been up to. 
Come by next Monday for another post!  And join Sandra.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hi, Sherry,
We're having chili for supper too. :)I have posted a chicken and dumplings recipe on my blog. Just click the recipes label to find it. You're welcome to use it.((hugs))♥