Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Book Review--You Changed My Life (Lucado)


I noticed on another blog the other a count down to Christmas. Yes folks are already thinking about the holidays and let me tell you if your considering your list put this one on it.
This is a great little gift book. I would highly recommend it for anyone. Buy it for someone that might need a little encouragement. Or buy it for someone that needs to learn about God's love. You'll find both in Max Lucado's new book You Changed My Life.
This tiny little book of a mere 192 pages is filled with wonderfully inspirational stories of people that have touched other peoples lives.
From the back cover:
Kind people not only say good morning, they make the coffee.
They're the people who make life nicer, more beautiful . . . and far some, bearable. They're real people with remarkable hearts. People whose unselfish generosity wraps a strong arm around your shoulders and walks you from the brink of despair to the axis of hope.
They give whether anyone notices or not. They sacrifice without being asked . . . What would we do without them? Let's say "Thank you".
When I first started reading this book I thought of the friend that I want to give it to. And, tomorrow I am giving away my copy. I am going to wrap a little ribbon around the book and include a little Thank You card.
One of the stories that I really enjoyed was in the very first chapter. It was the story of Catherine Lawes whose husband was the warden of Sing Sing prison. She is quoted in the story. "My husband and I are going to take care of these men, and I believe they will take care of me." She went out of her way to show God's love to the inmates. And for 16 years through her simple acts of kindness their hard hearts were softened. These were America's hardest criminals, murderers, robbers. These were the men the nation had locked away for life. But when Catherine Lawes passed away every prisoner with tears on their faces stood and paid their respects to a fine lady. And the warden allowed them to go to the home of Catherine Lawes without guards to pay their respects. Real Love Changes People.
There are many such stories in this amazing little book.
You can go to the authors website for more info.
Do you know someone you want to say Thank you to? Or someone that needs encouragement?
This book is available at Amazon,
This book was provided by Book Sneeze.

No comments: